Thats a Great Question: What to Say When Your Faith Is Questioned
Also, you can be bold without making overblown statements or being a verbal or intellectual bully.
Read more on this topic here. This article originally appeared in the August New Era.get link
What Does the Bible Say About Questioning God?
Do you have an experience in defending your beliefs? Or do you have ideas to add to these lists?
Share your experience with other youth by commenting below. Error in form submission. Make sure all field are filled out properly and try again. Your Response characters remaining Share your experience.
How do I respond more effectively when someone questions my faith?
Youth Menu. How can I prove it? This book is especially helpful for newer Christians just coming to grips with the implications of the gospel in all areas of their lives.
What do you say when someone at work asks you why the gospel stories differ? How do you answer your neighbor when she asks what you think about all those "errors" in the Bible?
- That's a Great Question: What to Say When Your Faith Is Questioned.
- Questions for Christians from an atheist!
- Plato and the Other Companions of Sokrates, 3rd ed. Volume I of IV.
Glenn Pearson offers simple, accessible principles that provide any Christian with the tools he or she needs to confidently respond to skeptical inquiries. It was honesty—more than intelligence, competence, and ability to inspire.
See a Problem?
People care about honesty. So make your answer honest. Do you want to my know the reason for my hope? Are there other reasons for hope?
Of course there are. I fully believe in the hope of the cross, the resurrection, and of eternity. Notice that hope is a part of the equation. Peter says we should give the reason for the hope that we have. So take some time and think through the real reason for the Christian hope that is in you.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Defending Your Beliefs
This speaks to your manner. Arrogance and aggression close doors; gentleness and respect open them. Are any of us perfect? Absolutely not. But it should be evident to other people that we are trying to live differently—with integrity—in light of our beliefs.
- The Horse That Played Center Field;
- How to respond to someone who questions your faith!
- Brian Clough: Nobody Ever Says Thank You: The Biography;
- Teaching Fractions and Ratios for Understanding: Essential Content Knowledge and Instructional Strategies for Teachers.
- Making the Connection Between Brain and Behavior: Coping with Parkinsons Disease;
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Muslims.
- Graphic Women: Life Narrative and Contemporary Comics (Gender and Culture Series).
If we are blatant hypocrites, not only is that an issue to God, but it will undermine anything we have to say to other people. Because our faith can be so personal and meaningful to us we get nervous about getting shut down or being criticized. You may not think your few words make a difference or having any meaning.